Initial interviews are FREE!
FULL MIDWIFERY SERVICES -- $3,500
- all prenatal care, birth, and postpartum visits
- assistant's fee
- filing the birth certificate
- initial prenatal labwork, 28 and 36 week labwork
- newborn screening labwork
- professional supplies
- a health professional on call for you for months
- availability for questions
- one-on-one attention during your labor and birth
- postpartum care in your home for the first 10 days
- comprehensive care through 6 weeks postpartum
Initial labwork consists of a CBC, WBC, blood type and Rh, VDRL/RPR, antibody screen, rubella titer, hepatitis B, comprehensive metabolic panel and UA. At 28 and 36 weeks, a CBC and comprehensive metabolic are done. Rh negative women will have an additional antibody screen at 28 and 36 weeks.
$500 discount, $3,000 total, if paid in full by 36 weeks.
I will discount my fee if there have been previous prenatal visits with another care provider and I receive copies of those records (including labs).
I do NOT give discounts for coming late in your pregnancy without prior prenatal care.
- Blood type, Rh, and direct Coombs testing on babies of Rh negative mothers.
- HIV testing
- Birth location more than 1 hour away (determined by normal driving conditions, legal speed limits, and distance from my home)
SERVICES OF A PHYSICIAN, NURSE PRACTITIONER, OR OTHER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER (nutritionist, chiropractor, hypnotherapist, childbirth educator, birth doula, postpartum doula, massage therapist, etc.) are NOT included in my fee.
I will take payments for the balance above the $350 down. Payment schedules will be clearly understood by the end of the first prenatal visit.
Sometimes insurance companies will reimburse you for my fee at a 70-80% rate. I encourage everyone to file for reimbursement from your insurance company. I will give you the necessary paperwork at your 6 week postpartum visit. Some companies will reimburse you for childbirth education classes.
Depending on the policy you have, a hospital birth may cost you as much out-of-pocket as a homebirth, if not more. It runs close to the same because of deductibles and the percentages you have to pay. Hospital births cost between $7,000-$10,000 WITHOUT complications.